Douce Ambience to feature Monday 6th June
Suddenly a month has gone in hardly no time at all and it will be our next Beaufort Jazz evening on Monday 6th of June when Douce Ambience will play the opening featured performance. Beaufort regulars will no doubt recognise Douce Ambience as Rachel Cooper on flute and Rob Curson on guitar. They will be accompanied on the evening by Paul Draper on upright bass.
Rob and Rachel have often jammed on Beaufort evenings but this will be their first time on the featured spot. If you have not caught them in the past their performances are typically Gypsy Jazz inspired with Rachel performing many of the solos on flute with Rob providing the rhythm guitar. It’s an unusual combination of instruments but it works very well and will no doubt give us a fine evening of music. If you are new to Beaufort Jazz and havent manged to get down to one of our evenings its worth making the effort to catch Douce Ambience on Monday.
As usual we start at 8pm with doors open at 7.45pm. Our venue is of course the Ellerbrook Suite in the Briars Hall Hotel.
Entry is a meagre £1 which helps to fund the evening.
Look forward to seeing you on the 6th!
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- Beaufort Jazz continues
- July photos
- Toe Rag to feature – full announcement
- Announcing Toe Rag – Monday 2nd July
- May and June retrospective
- Southport Jazz Festival pictures
- Grand opening of the Rainford Junction
- The Lost Cause Association to feature Monday 4th of June
- Gig update including latest on the Southport Jazz Festival
- Diminuita to feature Monday 7th of May
- Last Monday
- Samuel C Lees and Trez Fez with special guest Daniel John Martin